Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems
Residential modified bitumen is an excellent roofing choice for single family homes, as well as condominiums and multi-family apartments. Over the years, advancements in technology and lean manufacturing methods have paved the way for lower production costs of modified bitumen roofing materials. These cost reductions have made modified bitumen materials attractive for use in the residential roofing market. And with the new advances in technology, it has become a long-lasting and safe roofing material. If you’re in the market to install a new roof or repair your existing roof, contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation.
BENEFITS OF RESIDENTIAL MODIFIED BITUMEN ROOFS
Just as its name implies, residential modified bitumen roofs involve modifying asphalt with certain materials to make asphalt roofing more durable. Other benefits include:
- Fire Resistant: Modified bitumen roofing has superior fire resistance.
- Waterproof: Residential modified bitumen roofs have excellent waterproofing traits.
- Durability: Modified bitumen is very flexible and resists thermal shock and splitting. It can be made with extreme resistance to fire, wind and hail with the proper surfacing or coating.
- Cost: Modified bitumen is some of the lowest cost per square foot material you can use for residential roofing applications. It’s easy to install, so labor costs are less costly as well.
- Low (or No) Roof Maintenance: Modified bitumen roofs require little maintenance over an average 20-year lifespan. Toward the end of the 20 years, coatings can be applied to extend its serviceable life
At Innovative Construction & Roofing, our dedicated craftsmen have an extensive knowledge of residential modified bitumen roofing systems. For a complimentary consultation, contact us today.